We are continuing a series of articles for students. Online forms and surveys are gaining more and more popularity. Are you wondering if you should try to use this research technique? Please find below a quick summary of the advantages and disadvantages of online surveys and questionnaires.
Pros of online surveys
- Low cost of survey creation and research project in total. Check out SurveyLab subscription prices.
- Short time needed to collect responses and do data analysis.
- Dynamic character of surveys, ability to use question logic to improve respondent experience and reduce the time needed to complete survey.
- Ability to use multimedia in surveys and forms (audio and video materials).
- Ability to track survey results and correct questionnaires during data collection process.
Cons of online surveys
- You can’t make additional explanations or answer respondent questions during research.
- You can’t control external environment. Noise or other people can distract respondents during survey.
- Online forms and questionnaires by some people or systems can be treated as SPAM.